Monday, 1 May 2017

Fibre Arts Whangnui 2017


Encaustic Week with
Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch

I have been very fortunate to have had first hand instruction about the fine art of encaustics from Patricia. She was passionate and more than willing to share all her knowledge with her students. There were eleven of us in her class for the week, producing a very wide variety of work, which encaustic accommodates ably. 

I have come home buzzing. BUT...it isn't that easy to slip back into the making frenzy we were all in during the week. The people I have been working with for five days have been inspirational and a crucial part of this artistic process.
My wax is leaving brush marks, I can't find bitumen like we used on the course, I'm overthinking ideas and my ideas seem a bit lame.










I'll have a glass of wine and take a breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment